Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Running Again!

Running season is here!!! Actually, it started a few weeks ago for me. I am currently training for the Philadelphia Broad Street 10 mile run, and very very excited about it. Our treadmill has been the means to my continued running this winter, which I am grateful for. Come January, I decided it was time to sign up for a race. The Broad Street Run is the largest 10 mile race in the country, reaching 30,000 participants in recent years. In February, my official training began, and my week now consists of 5-6 days of running, currently reaching 25-30 miles per week - 2 days of speedwork, 1 long run, and 2-3 days of easy recovery days. Just 5 more weeks to race day! I'm already plotting for a potential marathon this fall...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment